As part of our growing Group Tax Team, we are looking for a Global Indirect Tax Manager to play a vital role in identifying tax risk and pursuing planning opportunities in the indirect tax space as the subject matter expert within company.
As Global Indirect Tax Manager you will identify and assess indirect tax risks and tax planning opportunities, as well as delivering and supporting the implementation of VAT policies and procedures by working together with the business units and other departments. You will build a positive relationship with key businesspeople in order to be able to work together to optimise our business structures.
In more detail your tasks include:
• Provide indirect tax (VAT& Customs) input and planning for international plant construction projects and service orders of the group;
• Design and implement an Indirect Tax Control Framework across the Group
• Maximise cash and minimise VAT leakage across the Group
• Support the global ERP implementation from an indirect tax perspective
• Act as a trusted business advisor in partnership with the wider Group Tax team members
• Assist the Group Tax Lead on indirect tax controversy matters
• Conduct a continuous VAT and Customs risks assessment and propose remediation plans to be taken forward within the business
• Provide regular trainings to sales, procurement, logistic, and accounting team members on indirect tax topics
• Stay informed on indirect tax matter in relevant countries and pro-actively inform Group Tax Lead and business management on the impact of such matters
• Successfully completed a degree in economics, finance, or law with a focus on tax or an equivalent qualification
• International, and primarily EU, VAT knowledge developed from relevant professional experience in the area of indirect taxes
• Indirect tax experience in the field of large energy and construction projects is a big plus
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles, related procedures and familiarity with Customs.
• Experience with ERP implementation is considered a plus
• Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational and planning skills.
• Business fluent in English; German would be a plus
• Global Indirect Tax Manager will be supporting whole Group of HZI - the Head Office in Zurich and all subsidiaries
Employment contract for an indefinite period
+ 13th Salary
Financial reward for working anniversaries
Flexible working time (core time 9-3:30)
Home Office possible 2 days a week
Extra days of leave (+1 day after the first, third and fifth year of service)
Extra days of leave for special personal events (e.g., wedding, graduation etc.)
Free drinking regime (coffee)
The third pillar of the pension scheme
Support for professional and career growth, education and training
Supportive and team-oriented working environment